Our client in the Logistics Industry is urgently seeking a Temporary Accounting Coordinator to join their team in Westville Durban. Salary is R 15 500 per month with no benefits. This is a fixed term contract for 4 months.
Should you apply for this vacancy and your qualifications / skills and experience do not match the inherent requirements of this position, your application will be deleted immediately.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must have Matric
- Diploma or Degree (B. Com with minimum Accounting II)
- Drivers License and own vehicle is an added advantage
- Must have proven technical accounting experience
- Knowledge of accounting standards with at least 2 – 3 years of experience
- Good working knowledge of accounting processes
- Accounting Systems experience – SAP
- Microsoft Office – Intermediate to advanced
- Candidate must be able to start as soon as possible
- Ensuring compliance with the Company’s Procurement Policy
- Management of purchase orders through the Procurement System
- Checking the accuracy of Purchase Order information (including general ledger coding, VAT, invoice reference number and description details) for input into SAP.
- Closing of Purchase Orders on SAP
- Daily reporting on Open Purchase Order Report from SAP with commentary
- New Supplier additions on SAP
- Processing of creditor invoices according to payment terms
- Saving of invoices on SAP
- Monthly reconciliation of creditors statements to SAP Supplier ledger
- Ensuring the Creditors Aging is kept current and within agreed payment terms
- Resolving of Creditors issues and queries timeously
- Daily filing of all documentation relating to suppliers.
- Cash Book:
- Preparation of all Payment Requisitions (including all creditors, once off payments, petty cash claims and subsistence)
- Administrative Finance Functions:
- Assist with month end as required
- Assist with ad hoc administrative tasks
- Assist with ISO requirements
Main purpose of job
- The incumbent is responsible but not limited to the accounting functions pertaining to procurement, creditors, general ledger processing, with further assistance required in various financial administrative functions.
- The creditors clerk reports directly to the Cost Accountant.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful
To apply for this position please e-mail your updated CV to email@example.com, and indicate the Position name.