Boiler Assistant available for our client in the Processing Plant Industry, position is based in Bronkhorstspruit. The salary is R 6 900 per month – no benefits provided. 12 hour shifts (2 x Day, 2 x Night, 4 x off).
Should you apply for this vacancy and your qualifications / skills and experience do not match the inherent requirements of this position, your application will be deleted immediately.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have matric or equivalent
- Must have relevant working experience as an Boiler Assistant
- Must have experience with cleaning of boilers (Tubes, water site, etc.)
- Must be able to operate engines, boilers, and auxiliary equipment
- Must be able to read gauges, meters, and charts to track boiler operation
- Cleaning of boilers (Tubes, water site, etc.)
- Operate engines, boilers, and auxiliary equipment
- Read gauges, meters, and charts to track boiler operations
- Monitor boiler water, chemical and adjust accordingly
- Activate valves to change the amount of water, air, and fuel in boilers
- Inspect equipment to ensure that it is operating efficiently
- Check safety devices routinely
- Record data and keep logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activity
- Maintain stock levels of chemicals, salt and coal
- General Housekeeping in and around Boiler House
- Practice a safe work environment
- Report any unlawful activity or activities to be reported
- Any other lawful and reasonable instructions should not be refused as team work (team spirit principal) should avail at all times.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Therefore, if you have not received any correspondence within two weeks of your application, you have been unsuccessful.
To apply for this position please e-mail your updated CV to email@example.com, and indicate the Position name.